Online & Non-Resident Programs
The external studies program consists of courses that are taken by way of CD, DVD or the traditional method. These courses were taught previously at various institutions. The program does not follow an academic calendar, and thus can begin at any time. Unless prerequisites are explicitly stated, these courses offered by Covenant Life University may be taken in any sequence. There is a time limit for completing each individual course by CD or DVD of four (4) months.
The courses for the external studies program are taken one at a time and consist of:
- Studying recorded lectures prepared for the course by Covenant Life University. (Lectures will be provided on DVD/CD or printed materials which may be required to be returned before the final grade can be issued.)
- Completion of all assignments detailed in the course syllabus.
- Taking and passing all exams. Proctors will be recruited from the student’s location.
- Interacting with CLU by correspondence, computer (e-mail), FAX, or phone.
How Does the COVENANT LIFE UNIVERSITY External Studies Program Work?
- Once someone is accepted as an external student they will be sent an acceptance package which includes a course order form.
- When that form is sent in with the attending tuition payment, a course package is mailed out which includes the lecture recordings, notes, syllabus, etc.
- The student watches the same lectures, takes the same notes, and does the same assignments that a resident student would.
- When the class lectures and assignments are completed (within a maximum of four months) the student mails them back to COVENANT LIFE UNIVERSITY and orders another course.
- The assignments are graded and mailed back to the student (the student's course grade is mailed separately).
- This process continues until all courses at Covenant Life University are complete.
- Finally, the student attends the COVENANT LIFE UNIVERSITY graduation ceremony and is granted the same degree that a resident student receives.
Specific Degrees / Resident Requirements
All of the degrees offered by COVENANT LIFE UNIVERSITY are able to be pursued externally. Course requirements at Covenant Life University may be fulfilled by taking courses offered periodically on campus (intensive or traditional). Though normally a student in the program will take only one course at a time, one may take an intensive course while enrolled in an external studies course.